As we bid February a big farewell, we can smell the scent of spring arriving in March.
Sadly, it is still winter for just a few more weeks and we have to endure the cold weather for just a bit longer. Along with that, I feel like the cold weather has brought me down into a slump. I’ve been feeling unmotivated and lazy about exercise, my homesteading goals and even homeschooling. So, I have recognized those slumps and have made five goals for myself to achieve in March.
Here’s my 5 goals to achieve in March:
1. I am longing to start some bee hives. The local community college has a bee chat group meeting once a month and I will go to my first meeting this month. I’m hoping to learn how to start hives and basic beekeeping skills.
2. I’m going to be selling my goat kids soon and in a whole new way. All my customers will be coming to my open house at the end of the month to pick up their kids and take them home. They will be going to great homes! I’m hoping this will be an easier way for me to connect with my customers as well as allowing them a day to plan to come to our farm to take their kids home that day. They will even get some refreshments! 🙂 I’m looking forward to it and I hope it goes well.
3. I want to spend more time doing fun activities with Farm Fit Girl this month. The local community college has an event called Kindermusik Sign & Sing. It sounds like so much fun. The kids will get to play musical instruments and dance. We’ve never been to anything like this before and it sounds like a blast.
In case you didn’t know, she and I have been doing parent-tot gymnastics classes since January. We will continue to participate in these classes as well. She has learned balance, rolls, and to grip a bar. We will be working on learning her cartwheels soon.
4. The weather has been so incredibly cold and snowy lately. Running outside (in workout clothes and running shoes, not coveralls and boots) just has not been happening. I’m not big on excuses, but the main reasons is it has been so cold. As the weather gets warmer, you will find me outside more and I hope to be up to three miles again in March.
5. I will start going to church again and I will take Farm Fit Girl with me. It’s time for her to learn more about God and Jesus, especially with Easter right around the corner. I also want her to learn the bed time prayer I learned as a child so we will start saying that each night, too.