May was an exciting month! I hit 30 subscribers with my YouTube Channel plus the Facebook page is only four Likes away from 700!! One of the best parts of May was reading a personal development book by Jim Rohn called 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness. A huge part of the book was learning how to write goals and to HAVE A REASON for each goal that you set.
I will be applying the principles of goal setting to my life in June and I’m starting now. I will be following many principles in this book to apply it to my life because I want my life to be full of wealth and happiness. Of course, my life is definitely full of both those things already. But sometimes my mind wanders away from focus and spirituality.
With that said, here are my 5 solid goals for June.
1. Jim Rohn says you can’t achieve anything without a list of goals and a plan to meet them. I see this with my blog. As I look back on my editoral calendar in previous months, I noticed I was only posting 1 or 2 times per week. There was no planning going on in my editorial planner!
I have taken the initiative to do some post planning for the entire month of June. This includes blog posts and vlog videos. I made a calendar for the month of June and filled it up with posts for each day. WOW – What a feeling to have a full calendar! So much motivation for blogging every single day!
My reason for this goal is to not only build my content database, but to use those posts as a way to get my own name out into the world as a platform owner to find opportunities. Those opportunities will be pivotal to helping my reach pro-blogger status.
2. My second personal goal for June is to run. Every. Single. Day. I will be running every day in June. Today was the first day I hit the pavement and ran the hills. I ran a little over 2 miles with a 10 minute mile pace. It felt great!
My main reason for this goal is to be sure to get cardio in along with lifting. I’m just not making time for cardio during the week and it’s so important to staying toned. My physique is not as toned as I’d like it to be and I think the combination of cardio and strength is ideal for having the perfect and fit body. Along with a healthy diet, of course!
3. Read at least one personal development book. As I mentioned before, in May I read 7 Strategies for Wealth and Happiness by Jim Rohn. Next on the list will be “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill and “The Richest Man in Babylon” by George Clayson. Both of those books were recommended by Jim Rohn.
The reason for so much personal development? A positive mindset and clear focus to following the path of achieving my long-term goals! Why not read something inspirational every day? When you aren’t getting what you want, why not change something? That is why. I want to be the best “ME” I can be and I want to share that success with others who want it, too.
4. The next goal refers to the future of my platform Farm Fit Mama. As you know, I have my blog and my YouTube Channel moving right along and going strong. I have huge long term plans for my platform. The biggest one is of course to educate people on the basics of rural living, leadership, and wellness and to eventually make a steady income while doing so.
I invested my time and money into joining Amy Porterfield’s Profit Lab. It’s a course on social media marketing for platforms and business owners. When I listened to her webinar about marketing with Facebook, she made me truly believe that if I didn’t, I would lose out on a huge opportunity to grow my platform. With only four modules, I’m going to get a huge amount of information and hear from the best of the best!
I paid for Profit Lab because I believe it will help me to make sound marketing decisions on advertising my products and my platform to grow my followers, readers, and viewers. Time will tell if it will and I can’t wait to share those results with you are.
5. My final goal for June is to manage my time. My reason for this goal is that June is packed full! Along with a busy work schedule, I have a family and friends I need to make time for without going completely bonkers! Since I’m an introvert, I also need to make sure I make time for myself. Plus, I have zoo-themed second birthday party to plan!
My plan for managing my time just to make lists that fill my day but to never overbook. I will do what Jim Rohn suggests and plan my days the night before, my weeks on Sunday nights, and my months on the last night of the current month.