Do you know how important it is to first get fit in mindset and body after?
Get fit in mindset and body with Anna Woods! Anna stresses the important in becoming fit in your mind first and foremost. Her passion is helping rural women to put themselves first and help them to realize that they are amazing.
Anna is awesome and so inspiring. I can honestly tell you that after chatting with her, my mindset did a complete 180. But, don’t just take my word for it.
Listen to her episode and find inspiration! Check out all the amazing nuggets of inspiration Anna has to offer in the show notes while you listen to her episode.
FIRST OF ALL, ABOUT ANNA
- From rural Reno County, Kansas.
- She’s a wife and mom to three kids.
- Anna grew up on a farm with horses. Then, went to college at Northwestern Oklahoma State.
- And she obtained a degree in Exercise Science.
She enjoys working with people of all ages, especially adults with special needs and age. She wants people to understand that fitness is:
- First of all Mental
- Then, Emotional
- Finally, Physical with the release of stress from our life.
So, Anna created the SheStrength program and has a lot to offer women who want to get fit in mindset and body.
AND A PIECE OF ADVICE FROM ANNA
The concept of “I am enough.” What you do each day is enough.
- First of all, start first thing in the morning when you wake up.
- You have to give some time to yourself each day.
- Finally, prioritize what you do or don’t get done. And don’t be afraid to say no.
NEXT, LOW POINTS THROUGH THE JOURNEY
So, the concept of “I am enough” came out of this low point in Anna’s journey. She and her husband was trying unsuccessfully to have their second child.
Because of this low point, Anna was living a very bitter and angry life. She was frustrated that she didn’t have control over this situation.
But then, in the middle of trying to adopt their son, Anna became pregnant!
- First of all, her faith strengthened. Always know God is in control. HE will come through.
- Furthermore, everything happens for a reason.
And if Anna could do it over again, she would be a lot less bitter and a lot more understanding.
THEN, ANNA DESCRIBES THE “AHA MOMENT”
After her second baby was born, she had trouble dropping the baby weight. She became obsessed with losing the weight. Furthermore, she became a slave to the scale.
And she was hating the person she was becoming and knew that something had to change.
So, she learned the concept of having one goal and achieving it. Maybe just focus on one pull up. Or three pushups. This is the mindset shift. Because, fitness is defined by YOUR goals – Not anyone else’s.
WHAT IS ONE THING THAT ANNA STRUGGLES WITH?
- First of all, watching women depending on “quick fixes” with weight loss. And comparing themselves to others.
- Taking time off for yourself. It’s hard not to work all the time when you have a passion for something but so important.
CONSEQUENTLY, WHAT IS ANNA MOST EXCITED ABOUT?
Mostly, she’s excited for the future her SheStrength program.
Also, the opportunity to make an impact on her daughters (and other peoples’ daughters!)
HER RESPONSE TO “I DON’T NEED FITNESS BECAUSE I GET FIT IN MINDSET AND BODY WITH FARM WORK”
- First of all, scientifically, your body isn’t going to change if you aren’t changing what it’s doing each day.
- Secondly, it’s important to take time for yourself away from work.
SO, WHAT IS HOLDING ANNA BACK FROM REACHING HER GOALS?
First of all, slowing down and enjoying the ride. Then, being patient and waiting for the right timing of things.
BEST ADVICE EVER RECEIVED
Just being enough. Do what you can and understand that it’s enough.
And you have to learn what your boundaries are and what you can do.
FURTHERMORE, HER BEST PERSONAL HABIT
First of all, taking time in the morning for herself. It can be just a few minutes:
- Maybe doing a quick workout
- Or sitting and planning the day
Hence, she makes her mindset right first and then starts the day.
FAVORITE GO-TO MEAL
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
Probably an app called Wonderlist
- Because it sends you reminders three different ways!
AND, FAVORITE PHYSICAL TOOL
Probably her barn with her home gym. Kids have a place for an outlet:
It’s a nice change of scenery for them.
BEST BOOK SHE WOULD RECOMMEND
AND, IF ANNA WOKE UP TOMORROW, ACQUIRED 10 ACRES AND $1000, WHAT WOULD SHE DO?
Anna would love to build a fitness training facility that is handicap accessible for people with disabilities to feel comfortable in and to get fit in mindset and body.
Also, she would offer her SheStrength program for all women looking for an outlet from their day. And to get fit in mindset and body, too.
IN CONCLUSION, SOME PARTING WORDS OF WISDOM
Start telling yourself that you’re enough. Figure out what your goals are. Furthermore, establish boundaries for yourself around those goals in preparation to get fit in mindset and body.
Then, start following through! And give yourself permission to say no.
FINALLY, CONTACT ANNA
First of all, Facebook: Anna Woods
And the beautiful SheStrength Website
Then, SnapChat: home.gym
Email: [email protected]
And watch for the APP coming soon! An awesome way to get fit in mindset and body.
Finally, catch all the past episodes of Rural Women Inspired!
RURALITES, HONE YOUR DREAMS, OWN YOUR LIFE AND I’LL SEE YOU DOWN THE ROAD.
~ MUCH LOVE ~